12.20.2010

Pacific day, won't you take me away?

I love California. I can't imagine living anywhere but here. Ever. I love the weather and the people and the reputation that we have for all being tan and attractive. I love the animals here and the fact that it NEVER snows. I love when I'm at the beach and my feet are in the water just a little bit, and I can smell the ocean and hear the seagulls. I love that seagulls are EVERYWHERE. They're even at my school, which is miles away from the sea. I love how accepting this state is, and I love how we're not thought of as being racist or homophobic, cuz I can't stand states like that. I love the language we speak. I love how wherever us Californians go, people can tell that we're from California because we say things like "hella" and "breh." I love how every girl has bangs and every guy owns a pair of shorts. I love how you can walk around any city at any time and see at least one person wearing only shorts and a t-shirt (*coughcoughJamesReynescoughcough*). I love Berkeley and Oakland and San Francisco and San Diego and Los Angeles and San Bruno and Castro Valley and everything else. I love how there's ALWAYS music around. Seriously, walk down Telegraph and you'll most definitely hear music. I love how all of the cities have different names for all of the different little neighborhoods. Like in Oakland we have Montclair and Piedmont Ave. and Rockridge even though they're all ACTUALLY parts of Oakland. I loveveeeevevevevveveveveevevevveveveveeeeeevveveeeeeeeee California. :)

"Aloha, my happy west coast friends. Do you feel alive when the breaking waves arrive and rush all around you? The beach homes in Oceanside are quite well-known by the evening tide, and we can sleep where we reside with redwoods around us. The blue air is up there and could I bring it down, I'd bottle it up and save it for a sweet summer night. I bought a one-way ticket cuz I knew I'd never see the ground unless I was aboard a jet plane and we were going down, when I wiped the tears from my eyes, the warm water took me by surprise, and I woke up beside the ocean and I realized... I must be in California" -Owl City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me comment, question or suggestion :)