10.18.2010

Kind of Perfect

"Things can't be perfect all the time that I know, sometimes we just have to let some things go..." -Armor for Sleep, Kind of Perfect

To me, this quote means that sometimes in life, even when things suck and we just want to cry, we have to get passed that and smile like we're not dying inside. Everything happens for a reason. We love for a reason, live for a reason, and mostly, hurt for a reason. Why do we hurt? I don't know, but it's for a reason. So many things go on in our lives, and other people have no idea. They call us emotional, or attention seeking, or bitches, or whores, or assholes, or dicks, but really we have our reasons. They might not always be justifiable, because trust me, I don't think anyone ever has the right to be any of those things to someone else, but we all have our days. People need to realize that we're not perfect. Humans, are by design, flawed. Majorly flawed. We all have little things about us that aren't what we'd like them to be. Take me for example; people call me over-emotional, a drama queen, attention-seeking, and every other form of that ALL THE TIME. And yeah, okay, so I may be those things, but I also have reasons for being that way. I can't control it, no matter how much I'd like to.
In life, we have to find people who accept the parts of ourselves that we don't like, or that society doesn't like. We have to fill our lives with these people, let them in, and let them love us. If we do just this, we can live happily and successfully even when things get tough, and we are exactly what other people say we are.
We have to live and let go. We have to learn to let things be water off of our backs, and let people think what they want about us. We should stand up for what's right, be ourselves and never take 'no' for an answer.

"Letting go is my life, I'll be on my way..." -Armor for Sleep, Kind of Perfect

1 comment:

Leave me comment, question or suggestion :)